175 MM dollar community bank lost a commercial loan officer and needed to fill a vacancy and have a qualified commercial loan officer assume responsibility for a 20+ mm portfolio. The ideal fit was someone with local contacts who could not only manage the current book but also bring additional relationships to the bank. We were able to locate a qualified commercial loan officer with 15 years of experience who was located no more than 15 miles from the desired branch. We helped our bank fill their vacancy within 30 days.
Position Summary: The President/Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall direction and administration of programs, products, and services provided by the Bank, including the Bank’s financial performance, credit quality, business development, operations, regulatory compliance, and risk management; ensures that all aspects of the Bank’s activities operate in a safe and sound manner; and provides the highest level of customer relations and service.
- Ensures tasks, objectives, and goals designated and approved by the Bank’s Board of Directors (Directors) are fulfilled and properly executed as directed; reports directly to the Directors as the highest-ranking official of the Bank.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for the approval of the Directors policies and programs that will further the tasks, objectives and goals of the Bank; recommends annual program goals to the Directors.
- Defines and executes current and long range strategic plans, budgets, goals, and objectives that result in positive growth and in the best interest of shareholders, the Directors, customers, employees, and the public.
- Works closely with the Chief Credit Officer and lending managers to ensure the overall quality of the Bank’s lending portfolio and program; participates as a member of the Bank’s Internal Loan Committee.
- Monitors the Bank’s financial performance by working closely with the Chief Financial Officer; reviews Bank balance sheets; compiles and reviews various monthly financials at both the cost center and Bank levels.
- Ensures that the Bank implements and maintains effective processes for information technology risk management (ITRM); works closely with the Information Technology Officer and Information Security Officer to support the Bank’s business strategy in line with its risk appetite assigned by the Directors.
- Engages in business development activities through a network of contacts developed; communicates the Bank’s vision and culture to members of management to instill and motivate assigned goals.
- Ensures the development and pursuit of effective marketing strategies to create a strong brand image for the Bank by working closely with the Bank’s Marketing Officer; acts as an official spokesperson for the Bank in local, regional, and statewide issues.
- Works closely with the Bank’s Compliance Officer and Risk Management Officer to ensure the Bank’s compliance with all applicable banking laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensures the Bank’s vision and culture are effectively communicated to management and all Bank personnel; works closely with the Human Resources Manager to achieve current and long-term goals.
- Minimum of 10 years in a financial setting at the senior management level with extensive experience in bank administration, operations, procedures, and personal management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field. Professional banking school completion and accreditation and/or advanced education beyond a college degree is preferred, ideally in a financial or business discipline, such as Master’s degree or MBA.
- Possesses authentic concern for the client and strives to create and deliver superior value in the financial services industry by exceeding client expectations.
- Embraces sound banking philosophies that incorporate dedication to client relationships, strong business values, and financial integrity.
- Proven ability to develop and lead a community minded corporate culture with exceptional customer service and high-performance.
- Provides a progressive and rewarding working environment for employees.
Compensation: First Federal Bank & Trust will provide a competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, performance-based incentive, and participation in a comprehensive benefits program.
Job Type: Full-time